To make a patient referral for SPRAVATO®, BrainsWay Deep TMS, Abilify Maintena or intranasal ketamine, please submit the information below and a member of our staff will reach out to you as well as your patient.
Diagnosis for SPRAVATO®:
Major depressive disorder (MDD), recurrent or single episode, severe with failure of at least two or more adequate trials of antidepressants (treatment resistant).
- Aneurysmal vascular disease (including thoracic and abdominal aorta, intracranial and peripheral arterial vessels) or arteriovenous malformation
- History of intracerebral hemorrhage
- Hypersensitivity to esketamine, ketamine, or any of the excipients
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- First 4 weeks – 2 treatments per week
- Second 4 weeks – weekly treatments
- After first 8 weeks, we will discuss individualized treatment plan to maintain progress made with the treatment
Each treatment lasts 2 hours. Following the treatment, the patient is not able to drive and must be picked up by a friend, family member, or ride share service.
Diagnosis for BrainsWay Deep TMS:
Deep TMS is indicated by the FDA for the treatment of depressive episodes in adult patients suffering from MDD or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Suicidal ideation
- Psychotic symptoms
- Metal in the cranium
- Neurological conditions (seizures)
- Pregnant or nursing
- Substance abuse
BrainsWay’s Deep TMS sessions for depression last approximately 20 minutes, as opposed to 40-minute standard rTMS sessions. A Deep TMS treatment plan usually requires daily sessions over four weeks, followed by periodic maintenance sessions.
Each patient will require a prior authorization for the approval of SPRAVATO® and BrainsWay Deep TMS. Referred patients will be quickly scheduled for an initial consultation; then we will initiate the process of insurance approval for treatment. Typically this process takes 1-2 weeks depending on the patient’s specific insurance plan. Once approval has been obtained, treatment will begin as soon as possible.
In most cases, access to the patient’s previous medical records will speed the insurance approval process.
Please call (469) 484-4260 and ask for Quindrea for help with any questions.