As a prominent psychiatric center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Preston Hollow Psychiatry Group offers psychiatric care for a variety of conditions including:
Adult Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
While childhood ADHD may be easier to recognize or diagnose, it’s not as simple for adults with ADHD. This mental health disorder often goes undiagnosed in childhood and presents more as an attention deficit in adulthood. Adult ADHD often manifests as trouble paying attention, staying organized, or focusing on one task at a time. Adults with ADHD may also find it difficult to start tasks, be on time, or control their impulses.
At Preston Hollow Psychiatry Group, we care for patients with a wide range of anxiety disorders, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: This is the most common anxiety disorder in the US. It is characterized by persistent, excessive worry about daily life events that interferes with normal functioning.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorders present as intense, repeated episodes of fear, accompanied by physical symptoms like a racing heart, chest pain, difficulty breathing, and a sense of terror.
- OCD: People with obsessive-compulsive disorder have persistent thoughts and fears only alleviated by compulsively performing certain actions. These thoughts and compulsions typically interfere with normal life functioning.
Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder characterized by extreme mood swings from a manic to a depressive state. During manic episodes, patients feel highly energized and motivated, less inhibited, and out of touch with reality. They may also sleep much less than normal and have an inflated sense of self. During depressive episodes, patients often feel sad, low on motivation, and may even have suicidal thoughts.
Preston Hollow Psychiatry Group provides psychiatric care to patients dealing with several kinds of depressive disorders. All depressive disorders share symptoms like low mood, lack of interest in normally pleasurable activities, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, sleep disturbances, poor appetite, and sometimes, suicidal ideation. The difference between these disorders is typically in their duration or specific triggers. The most common depressive disorders we treat include:
- Major depression: Depressive symptoms for two weeks or longer.
- Persistent depressive disorder: This is diagnosed when symptoms persist for two years or longer.
- Seasonal affective disorder: Often triggered by changes in season. For example, many people develop depressive symptoms at the onset of winter and remain depressed until springtime.
- Postpartum depression: Occurring in new mothers often due to hormonal changes after childbirth.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD): A severe form of premenstrual syndrome which disrupts normal life functioning and presents with depressive symptoms. PMDD symptoms start about two weeks before a period and end soon after the period begins.
Male Hypogonadism (LowT)
This occurs when the body produces inadequate testosterone — the hormone responsible for male sexual development. This can happen from birth or may be caused by secondary factors such as illness, infection, or injury. Preston Hollow Psychiatric Group also provides testosterone replacement therapy to treat this condition.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
After a terrifying, dangerous, or life-threatening event, many people may develop PTSD. This disorder is associated with hypervigilance, scary memories of the events returning in flashbacks or nightmares, mood changes, avoidance of triggering situations, and problems with sleep.
“Thought disorders” is an umbrella term for mental health conditions that distort logical thinking. People with thought disorders may think illogically, have delusions or manifest paranoia in their words and actions. Schizophrenia is a well-known thought disorder. Other examples of thought disorders are schizoaffective disorder and postpartum psychosis.
Mental health disorders require compassionate, professional treatment just like any physical disorder. If you are struggling with and need psychiatric help, Preston Hollow Psychiatry Group can provide the care you need.
Our certified treatment center delivers innovative therapies for treatment-resistant depression, including:
- SPRAVATO esketamine
- BrainsWay Deep TMS for Major Depressive Disorder
- BrainsWay Deep TMS for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- BrainsWay Deep TMS for Bipolar Disorders
On-site laboratory services are offered for patient convenience.
We are located along the Dallas North Tollway and provide traditional, patient-centered psychiatric care to the entire Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. You can call us at (469) 484-4260.
Preston Hollow Psychiatry Group © 2023. All Rights Reserved.
Our New On-Site Pharmacy is Now Open